Smoked Turkey seasoned with Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub, glazed with barbecue sauce and served with a White BBQ Sauce. For this BBQ Turkey, it’s not about those traditional Thanksgiving Flavors… it’s all about creating juicy, flavorful, delicious BBQ pulled turkey.
This is one turkey recipe that’s great year round. Brine a whole turkey for 48 hrs in a Bird Brine combined with Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub and apple juice. After a 2 day soak the skin is air dried for an hour in the refrigerator then I stuff the cavity with citrus fruit and green apples. The skin gets a light coating of peanut oil and dusted with The BBQ Rub. It’s a lot like smoking a whole chicken but on a much larger scale!
Smoked Turkey seasoned with Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub, glazed with barbecue sauce and served with a White BBQ Sauce
SCALE 1x 2x 3x（Need for larger scale, raw materials x number of scales）
- 1 whole turkey 12-14lbs
- 1 cup Malcom’s Bird Brine
- 1 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
- 1 gallon Apple juice
- 1 green apple
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 2–3 Tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 1 stick butter melted
Malcom’s White BBQ Sauce Recipe:
- 2 cup Mayo
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Course Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Horseradish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- Juice from 2 Lemons
- Whisk the ingredients in a large bowl and store in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
- Remove neck and giblets from turkey and place in a meat bag or large container. Pour in 1 cup of Bird Brine and 1 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub. Add apple juice and extra water if necessary to cover bird. Squeeze air out of bag and secure. Place in refrigerator for 48 hrs.
- Remove turkey from brine and rinse under cool water, pat the skin dry with paper towel and place bird on a raised rack over a sheet pan to air dry for 1 hour in the refrigerator
- Prepare Traeger pellet smoker or other grill for indirect cooking at 300 degrees using apple pellets for smoke flavor.
- Stuff the cavity of the turkey with the fruit cut into quarters. Tie the legs together with butcher twine.
- Coat the skin with peanut oil and season the turkey with The BBQ Rub on all sides.
- Place the turkey breast side up on the pit and cook until internal temperature hits 155°F in the breast. Baste with melted butter as needed.
- Once the breast internal hits 155°F glaze the outside with The BBQ Sauce and continue to cook until internal temp hits 165°F in the breast about 20-30 minutes.
- Rest the turkey for 15 minutes before carving. For bbq turkey I like to serve it pulled but you an also serve it sliced.
Note：All contents on the page are collected from the Internet. Please understand if there is any inappropriate. For infringement, please contact us deleted.